Pine + Main is a marketplace where you can sell your locally handcrafted wood or up-cycled furnishings and decor to buyers in your local area. Shifting large home goods manufacturing back to the community is so much bigger than a table or bed or shelf – it has the potential to impact our local economies and global environment. To make this happen, both sellers and buyers must have a positive experience on Pine + Main. Please read on to find out more about your rights and what is expected of you as a seller.
What Can be Sold on Pine + Main
Buyers come to Pine + Main to purchase local, handcrafted wood furnishings and home goods, handmade by skilled craftsmen, using reclaimed or locally sourced wood. Everything listed for sale on Pine + Main must be newly handcrafted or significantly up-cycled.
Handcrafted items are items that are made by you, the seller. You may employ local help with building.
If you sell on Pine + Main, you must be able to prove that your products comply with the following:
- All handcrafted items are made by you and/or with the assistance of local help.
- Every handcrafted item listed as a product must have been built and tested at least once before listing for sale.
- You are using your own photographs, not stock photos, plan photos, artistic renderings or photos used by other sellers or sites.
What Cannot be Sold on Pine + Main
Reselling is not allowed on Pine + Main. Reselling refers to selling an item when you were not involved in the creation process.
Items that are less than 50% wood in material makeup cannot be sold on Pine + Main.
Honesty in Representation of Yourself, Your Shop and Your Listings
On Pine + Main, you are not just selling a piece of furniture. You are creating a relationship with a local member of your community. Their experience will impact future sales and the success of your store. Honestly from the beginning is crucial.
By selling on Pine + Main, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About Page, should you complete it.
- Honor your Shop Policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and photographs, and in discussions with buyers.
- Respect intellectual property of others.
Content Creation and Sharing
As a seller on Pine + Main, you are encouraged to share about your shop through creating content. This might include usernames, listings, conversations, text, images and videos. To keep Pine + Main safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload or share any content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory or harassing
- Vulgar, racist or obscene
- Content that may violate someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights
- Dishonest, false, misleading or deceptive.
Shipping and Delivery
The checkout process for customers provides three options
- Free Pick-Up
- $30 Local Delivery within 30 Minutes
- $50 Local Delivery within 60 Minutes
Additional functionality is being developed to allow vendors to customize shipping options. Until this functionality is available, if these shipping options do not work for you, clearly specify in your shop policies and product descriptions the shipping methods and costs that work for you, or adjust the pricing of your products to accommodate your shipping costs.
Buyers can leave a review of your shop or item, including a five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, and text. Buys can edit their reviews. On a rare occasion that you do receive an unfavorable review, you are encouraged to reach out to the buyer to address the concerns behind the review.
Extortion, which includes any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, bribery, or offers for additional goods, services or compensation in exchange for a positive review, is not allowed on Pine + Main.
Shilling, the fraudulent inflation of a shop or seller’s reputation by using an alternative account, is prohibited on Pine + Main.
Canceling an Order
If you become unable to complete a transaction, you must immediately notify the buyer and cancel the transaction. If the buyer has submitted any payment or deposit, you must issue a full refund promptly.
You may cancel a transaction in the event of:
- The buyer did not pay.
- Both you and the buyer agree to cancel the transaction prior to shipment, and you have issued the buyer a full refund.
- You have decided to refuse service to the buyer, and you have issued a full refund, including shipping.
- The buyer has requested a refund and returned the item. Return shipping is determined by the seller’s shop policies, default is buyer is responsible for return shipping.
Using Pine + Main is currently a free service for vendors and customers. However, credit card transactions or Paypal transactions may incur a separate, third party transaction fee, usually about 3% of the sale.